Needless to say that this wouldn't be possible without Attila who made plenty of changes in his plugin to open it for extensions like Android. Thanks a lot. As you can see we did it in less than three weeks and we know there are many more things that needs to be done.
What is working and what is not:
- Android projects based on Gradle are recognized. Gradle 1.6 (or newer) and Android's Gradle plugin 0.4 or newer are required.
- Build and run actions are tied to
assembleDebugtasks (note that sometimes you have to set location of Android SDK in Tools | Options | Miscelanelous | Android to enable communication with the device).
- Classpath is hard-coded to use debug buildType at the moment and recognizes dependency on JARs and AARs but surely there will be various glitches.
- Run tries to deploy the application and starts its main activity. Customization of this behavior will be added.
- UI in projects tab will be modified soon to better accommodate all the parts of Android project.
- Support for test editing and running is not there yet.
- XML editing should be on the same level as for the original project type.
- As a side effect when using Gradle projects for pure Java development with both Gradle and NBAndroid plugin installed there will be some performance penalty during project initialization.